The Benefits of Membership
Every year members receive free:
- A copy of the society's annual journal, the Records of Buckinghamshire,
with research articles on the county's history and archaeology,
- Two newsletters a year with news of society activities and advance notice of other society publications,
- Organised talks on winter Saturday afternoons at the County Museum in Aylesbury,
- Use of the Society's library and its reference collection of books,
pamphlets, journals and archive material on the county,
- Advice from the Society's Librarian and Archivist on how to conduct your own historical research,
- Guided summer visits to historic sites, churches, houses and gardens as well as
year-round visits to sites of natural history and geological interest (there may be a charge for a coach),
- The opportunity to work on practical projects, such as historic building surveys and
- Insurance cover for members taking part in the society's own organised projects.
But membership is not set in stone...
The society aims to respond to the needs and preferences of its members. Click here to see the results of the
BAS Members' Survey, Autumn 2011.
And if you're interested in joining...
Click here to see the current subscription rates and how to join or, for a fuller
outline of what we do and why, to download our leaflet Why you should join the
And if you do join...
Here is a message from our Membership Secretary.